What is attorney
An attorney, also known as a lawyer, is a professional who is licensed to practice law and provide legal advice and representation to clients. Attorneys are trained in the laws and legal systems of their respective countries or states, and they are able to advise clients on a wide range of legal issues, including criminal defense, civil litigation, estate planning, and business law. Attorneys may work in a variety of settings, including private law firms, government agencies, and non-profit organizations. They may also specialize in specific areas of law, such as tax law, family law, or personal injury law. Attorneys are responsible for researching and interpreting laws and regulations, drafting legal documents, and representing clients in court or other legal proceedings. They must also adhere to ethical standards and codes of conduct in their practice.
Attorney list in the world
Here are a few examples of notable attorneys in different parts of the world:
- Amal Clooney (UK/USA) – international human rights lawyer and wife of actor George Clooney
- Mark Zuckerberg (USA) – Facebook CEO and founder who also practices law and has argued cases in front of the US Supreme Court
- J. K. Rowling (UK) – author and philanthropist who is also a qualified lawyer
- Chris Ngcobo (South Africa) – human rights lawyer who has worked on high-profile cases such as the Marikana Massacre and the Khayelitsha Commission of Inquiry
- Gao Zhisheng (China) – human rights lawyer and activist who has faced persecution and imprisonment for his work
- Elizabeth Broderick (Australia) – former Sex Discrimination Commissioner and leading expert on gender equality and workplace harassment
- Fali S. Nariman (India) – senior advocate at the Supreme Court of India and one of the country’s most respected constitutional lawyers.
11 total views, 1 views today